General Terms & Conditions
- BJV Engineering endeavours to refurbish all wheels to the best of our ability but cannot be responsible for any unforeseen problems such as poor casting, hidden cracks, or excessive corrosion. These problems may only become apparent upon removal of the existing wheel coating. If the company does not believe a cosmetically acceptable or safe finish can be achieved, the customer will be contacted to discuss options before further work is undertaken.
- BJV Engineering reserves the right to refuse to complete the refurbishment process if they discover at any point during the process that the wheel will not in the opinion of the company employees be safe. Wheels which are classed as in ‘very poor condition’ may incur an additional charge. The customer will be contacted before any additional charge work is completed. Customers should be aware that certain high gloss finishes show blemishes more readily, such as Black Chrome or Bright Silver. We cannot guarantee to make your wheels perfect but will ensure they are significantly improved. Should a customer request as new finish or show wheels additional charges will apply and be calculated on an hourly basis plus materials.
- BJV Engineering will do their utmost to meet any target completion time-scales given at the time a wheel refurbishment is booked. Target completion times, however, are just that ‘targets’. BJV Engineering accepts no responsibility for unforeseen delays within the process as some wheels may take longer than standard within any given process.
- BJV Engineering recommends that new wheel valves be fitted when the company is undertaking the replacement fitment of the tyres. Rubber valves are supplied with the standard published price list. Alternative valves such as metal, chromed sleeved, hidden, or small rubber, are available at an extra charge. BJV Engineering accepts no responsibility for leaks around old valves that have been fitted at the customer request.
- BJV Engineering reserves the right not to re-fit damaged or illegal tyres, this includes tyres which have been run flat.
- Vehicles/wheels will not be released until payment is made in full. Vehicles/wheels not collected within agreed timescales will be subject to a storage fee. BJV Engineering will make every endeavour to contact customers with respect to collecting their wheels, however, wheels not collected within 6 months of completion will be sold to recover costs.
- BJV Engineering accepts no responsibility for the transport of wheels delivered and/or collected by couriers engaged by the customer. Customers should ensure that any courier they engage is adequately covered. BJV Engineering will not courier wheels out to customers under any circumstances.
Additional Terms & Conditions (Car on Site)
- All customers vehicles must be fully covered by their own insurance whilst left with BJV Engineering. All vehicles must be supplied with the locking wheel nut keys for removing and fitting wheels where applicable. BJV Engineering accepts no responsibility for goods or articles left in the vehicle.
- BJV Engineering are not responsible for resetting any vehicle computers used for monitoring tyre pressures. Owners should refer to their vehicle manual for this function.
- Where BJV Engineering fits wheels to the customers vehicle, staff will ensure that the wheel bolts will be properly torqued using the appropriate tools. Customers are, however, responsible for re-checking wheel bolts after an initial bedding in period of 50 miles and at regular points thereafter as part of a standard maintenance routine.
- PAINTED WHEELS – All of our painted wheels come with a 12 month warranty against any paint defect, subject to the damage not having occurred as a result of driver damage or the use of corrosive cleaners or products which contain silicone which will dull and damage lacquer over time. Excluded from this warranty are wheels that have been colour matched or those wheels that have been custom finished.
- DIAMOND CUT WHEELS – given that lacquered bare machined alloy is not a strong or long lasting finish and coupled with our climate, the majority of wheel refurbishers will only offer a very limited or no warranty for this service. With this in mind, however, we have developed what we believe is a fair compromise for our customers who wish to retain this finish.
Defect occurring within 3 months, (subject to the damage not having occurred as a result of driver damage, stone chips or the use of corrosive cleaners or products which contain silicone which will dull and damage lacquer over time.)
- Have the wheels diamond cut again at no charge but with no renewed warranty i.e if they fail again they are out of warranty
- Have the wheels painted with a fully renewed 12 month warranty as listed above
- Have the wheels diamond cut but not lacquered with a 12 month warranty on the painted areas of the wheel only.
Defect occurring within 6 months, (subject to the damage not having occured as a result of driver damage, stone chips or the use of corrosive cleaners which will dull and damage lacquer over time.)
- Have the wheels painted at 50% charge of the normal cost with a fully renewed 12 month warranty as listed above
- Have the wheels diamond cut but not lacquered with a 6 month warranty on the painted areas of the wheel only.
- TWO PIECE WHEELS – are subject to the same general terms as listed above i.e. painted and diamond cut areas. A 12 month warranty is offered against the wheel bolts coming loose, however no warranty is offered on the bolts themselves unless new bolts have been supplied by BJV Engineering.
- POLISHED WHEELS/WHEEL PARTS – no warranty is offered on any polished part as the duration of the finish is subject entirely on how well they are maintained and cleaned on a regular basis and not suitable for everyday use. Polished parts are only recommend for show purposes.
- All pictures and images are the property and copyright of BJV Engineering and must not be reproduced, copied or used on any social media or other websites without the permission of BJV Engineering.
Contacting us via Email
- Whilst we welcome email enquiries, please be aware that every endeavour is made to ensure pricing given via email is correct and that any prices given are estimates (unless otherwise stated). The final price will be quoted when your wheels or vehicle are delivered to the workshop as it can be difficult to gauge the work required from descriptions or pictures.